Monday, January 28, 2013

No News is....

....just me being lazy. :)

So a quick update and keeping with the laziness theme I will be doing bullet points.

  • We celebrated Frodo's 16th birthday earlier this month. Can't believe my baby boy is 16!
  • A few days later we found out my mom has bladder cancer. Surgery went well and they seem to have gotten it all. She is doing fine right now.
  • I  took a trip to Florida with TK. He had a conference so I tagged along for the free hotel (and basically free airfare as I used my voucher from my cancelled trip this summer) and hung out by myself at Disney World. Best vacation ever and very much needed!
  • I started back to school!  I am taking World Literature and Government. I have an associates degree in nursing and am a licensed RN, but would like my BSN or some other bachelors degree eventually so I am working on my pre-reqs for that.
  • In between all of that I am working hard on my soap business trying to promote it and get more customers. I'm afraid I might have to start kidnapping people and forcing them to stop by my store. :) (Shameless plug)
  • And drum roll....I think I am about to have a period...all on my own. My breasts have been sore for several days. This is monumental. I haven't had a real, non drug-induced, non loss-induced period since 2011 I believe. I keep touching my boobs to make sure it's real. Not my boobs...those are definitely real...my pain.
That's it for now! Hope you are all well...I've not been so good at reading blogs lately either..yup...laziness. :)


5 comments:

  1. I really want to visit Florida soon. Congrats on being a mother to a licensed child. That give me the chills thinking about it :)

    Yay for non medicated induced AF's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! He isn't licensed quite yet. TK wants him to wait until 17 so he hasn't even begun training yet. Which reminds me I am supposed to be finding out where to even start with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I just started the procedure for Cierra. When I was younger you took drivers ed in school and now you have to pay private companies to teach them. We are hoping to get her signed up for February classes.

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to visit Disney World someday. Happy 16th to your son! Glad to hear all is well with your mom and that they believe they got it all. That must have been do scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your mom! And so relieved to hear she is OK. Oh wow, Disney World by myself would be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete