Sunday, December 22, 2013

Where did the year go?

What is it about the end of a year that makes one reflective. Not sure if I am actually going to start blogging again, but I just felt the need to write.

2013 was supposed to be better than 2012, but it has been a crazy year. In January my mom found out she had bladder cancer. She had surgery and was doing well then found out she had breast cancer. She finishes her last radiation treatment next week. Thankfully she is doing well, but it was quite scary, and the chemo was really rough on her, but she always kept a sense of humor about it all.

My sisters and I kiss my mother's freshly shaved head.

I moved my store into a new location and business has been crazy busy since October. I've been working 7 days a week most weeks, but have now closed for Christmas and end of year inventory.

This is my store.
Basically that sums up my year: cancer and store. At the end of last year I couldn't have imagined I would be where I am today, so I get both a trickle of fear and thrill thinking where I will be this time next year!

4 comments:

  1. So great to hear from you! I hope next year brings great things for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope 2014 is going well for you too!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your mom. Glad she's doing well though! I'm dealing with cancer with one of my parents as well. Its such a horrible disease. Your shop looks awesome! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andrea, I am sorry to hear that! Hope you're doing well and that 2014 brings health to your parent!

    ReplyDelete